Fortune Teller Revision: Create challenging questions, put them into a fortune teller and play in 'speed dating' style.
Pupils enjoy this activity and benefit from both the process of creating and answering questions. Great for low stakes quizzing.
- Create a fortune teller by folding a square piece of paper.
- Number the outer folds 1-4.
- On the next layer, pupils write a challenging question (linked to their learning).
- On the inner layer pupils write the answer to their question.
- Once complete, pupils use their fortune tellers to challenge their classmates. This can be done in a 'speed dating' format or by just moving around the room.
- Questions and answers could be written with either open or closed books.
- Make it competitive by seeing how many questions can be answered correctly / how many questions a pupil can create that their peers cannot answer (ensure they then share the answer).